Library Study Room Policy
Scan QR Code for Study Room Reservation website
Failure to relinquish library study room at end of reservation period may result in forfeiture of future study room usage.
- Study Rooms:
- Reservations can be made online or via mobile phone by visiting the library website and clicking Study Room Reservations. Only Gordon State students with a valid @gordonstate.edu email address are allowed to make reservations. Once a reservation is made, the student will receive an email to confirm the reservation. The student must confirm the reservation within 15 minutes of receiving the email to complete the reservation process. You may use your confirmation email to verify your reservation in the event a conflict may arise. Conflicts will be resolved by the library staff at the Circulation/Checkout Desk.
- Library staff will not provide information about rooms reserved to others.
- Are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Reservations may be made up to 1 day in advance
- Option 1: Maximum four (4) 30-minute reservations per day
- Option 2: Maximum eight (8) 30-minute reservations per day
- See room description on reservation site for maximum room capacity.
- Are for use by Gordon State College students for course related, library purposes and study only.
- Are not to be used for clubs, recreation/socializing, regularly scheduled meetings or for campus departmental business including meetings with classroom instructors observing office hours.
- Must be vacated by all students and all belongings removed before leaving the room.
- Study Room Users:
- Acknowledge that you accept library study room usage policy.
- May reserve a room for a two hour period.
- May reserve the room one additional time provided no groups have submitted a reservation for the same room at the same time.
- Must occupy room within 15 minutes of reservation otherwise library staff may cancel reservation.
- Only 1 person can occupy individual study rooms labeled ‘i’
- Only 2+ people can occupy group study rooms labeled ‘g’. Individuals will be asked to leave.
- At least 2 group members must be present before occupying group study room.
- Must maintain a moderate noise level – rooms are not 100% soundproof, and loud talking disturbs other users in adjoining rooms and outside the rooms.
- Are responsible for their personal property at all times, and should never leave items unattended. The library is not responsible for loss or damage to personal property.
- May not move additional furniture into any study room.
- Are responsible for leaving the study room in good order for the next users.
- Must vacate room 15 minutes before library closing time.
- Must erase all writing from writable surfaces.
- Must throw away all trash.
- May not have full meals or greasy, smelly foods or ice cream. Only snacks and drinks allowed.
- Failing to abide by Library Study Room policy will forfeit the right to use the study room.
- Should abide by the Gordon State College student code of conduct found in the Gordon State College Academic Catalog or http://www.gordonstate.edu/catalog/student-code-of-conduct.
- Who continually abuse this policy may be reported to the Student Affairs Office.
- Must vacate the room on time. If the room is not vacated on time and is reported to the library staff three times, the student will be banned from using any study rooms for the remainder of the current semester.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Library Study Rooms, our policies, or the new online reservation system, please contact the Library Staff at (678) 359-5076 or stop by the Circulation/Checkout Desk.